Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My DYI Project

I've been wanting to add an accent table to place between our two chairs in the study.
 When I saw this inspiration photo it got me to thinking about an existing table we currently own.  

(In January this table image was posted on Velvet & Linen.)
 

  SO, with sandpaper in hand I started the process. I knew I couldn't replicate the table but the size was right and anything was better than what we had. 


I first applied a layer of Gold Rub.


 The results were too brash for the room so I revisited my favorite blogs for further direction.  I saw a lot of lighter gray techniques so I brushed on a small amount of Farrow and Ball's Pavilion Gray.


Once I completed the lighter paint I revisited my principals of wanting contrast.
I began applying a coat of Bronze Metallic Master paint to darken the finish. 

  
To add to a family pocket watch I purchased a few accent accessories, a gold tray and boxwood plant from Back Home.


I still wasn't satisfied with the table so I brushed on a layer of Pewter Metallic Master's paint.  This additional color starting bringing out the gray in the mirror frame. 
  
 Remember where I started?


At last I finished with yet another color of Old English Metallic Master paint.


Hey... the price was right!
Next I need to find the rug shown in the original inspiration photo.  I want to break
the dark finish from the table and floor.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment