Monday, May 16, 2011

Let Me Introduce You To My Pear!

Do you ever photo shop before you make a selection?
Oh… I do.
 First, I took a picture of my blank kitchen wall.  I then copied and pasted in different art work.  This way I could get an idea of what we might like to feature.


I knew I wanted pears in the kitchen but I didn't know what shape, color or size.


I almost purchased this one until someone said,
"don't you think that looks just like a woman's fanny?"
Oh my gosh they were right!



During a visit to San Antonio we found our pear. 
It's simple, traditional, but with a touch of bling.


After hanging the pear I quickly realized I needed some additional "bug gut" green in the room.  So, I recovered the newly stained chairs with a Schumacher fabric. I purchased the fabric from Amanda at Spruce.



At this point I thought the room was coming together. 
However, every time I walked into the room the wall would scream,
"Don't you think I would look incredible painted charcoal?" 


Now let me introduce to you to my PEAR!


The charcoal back drop made such a difference 
with the painting.



Next on my to-do list is to change out the white ceiling fan.
It's always a work in progress!

1 comment:

  1. The pear is one of my fav things you have done to the house! Simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete