Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Kitchen...before and after

It's been a while since I've shared images of what I'm currently renovationg. Below is not a great shot but it's the only digital photo I could find.  It does provide a decent perpective of where we started.  At the time of the photo,  I had just finished painting the cabinets white and adding the hardware.



I painted the accent wall charcole and recently replaced the orignal 20 year old appliances to stainless.  Needless to say, we were ready, don't you think?



...and I keep painting more charcole from the Flint Collection found at Restoration Hardware.
I love this color it has just enough blue in it to be interesting.


We added 2 Vintage Toledo Chairs to be used as barstools. 


(I plan to paint the adjacent wall and living room an industrial gray.)


We added a hand carved horse to tie in the chairs and provide a touch of drama.





The kitchen BEFORE



and AFTER


Next on the list is lighting, counter tops, backsplash and a new kitchen sink. There are so many great new products to select from. Please leave comments I would love to hear your ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hmph! I keep trying to post and it gives me an error. I'm hoping this one will work. I just wanted to say that this is such an impressive post. The difference between the before and after pics is just insane! You have done an incredible job with the kitchen (and the entire house.) What a transformation.

    ReplyDelete