Saturday, January 14, 2012

Exterior Lighting Ideas

This week I started researching ideas for replacing our exterior lighting.  I find it helpful to document items that I uncover while making decisions.

Here are few fixture examples I'm considering. There are so many different finishes, sizes, glass, price and shapes to select from. 

source unknown

From these photos:   This light is a favorite.

Restoration Hardware

  The contact address for this unique light is from London.

Interesting notes from The French House:

The French House searches for goods made by artisans and small family firms, who make products of enduring value and real beauty. The level of craftsmanship, care and attention these artisans give to their work is in danger of being regarded as a luxury in our rushed and mechanized world. Limited, small scale production of the kind we seek to foster, will surely be rendered obsolete by market forces, unless we choose to give it the support it deserves.

I do see a  common thread from todays "picks" the lantern style which gives me the direction I needed (no real surprise).  Next we will determine the correct size we need for our space. 
I hope you are all having a great weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment