Sunday, September 25, 2011

Exterior Wooden Shutters

I ordered the custom exterior wooden shutters today!

Material:  Cedar
Style: Louvered
Top Rail:  4"
Bottom Rail:  4"
Stile:  2"

They won't arrive for at least 30 days.  In the mean time, we're still debating the exterior  paint color selections.  My last post I explained the two different looks we're considering. 

When all else fails I go Paint for visual assistance.  I used the eye dropper functionality to create the Restoration Hardware Slate paint for the trim.  After reviewing the photo I personally don't think there's enough contrast from the stone to the paint color.  I worship this color but not with the Texas Limestone.



I obviously didn't spend much time on this project.  However this exercise provides the visual I'm needing. 
Currently, we are leaning towards the traditional black door and shutters.



What do you think? Most of you selected the first example prior to the color drawings.
Do you still think the slate looks good with the white stone?
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Where have you purchased your exterior wood shutters? Have you considered getting it online?

    ReplyDelete